Cleaning out one’s wardrobe is a great thing to do. Getting rid of those clothes which don’t fit/out of style/stained and making room for more, just has to be one of the most satisfying things (don’t laugh!). Plus, being the organisation freak I am, I’ll never skip a chance to do a touch of reorganising. Here are the steps I followed on my most recent clear out:
- Empty. That’s right, pull everything out of that wardrobe.
- Sort. I had three piles: definitely keeping, not sure & alter (me being handy with a sewing machine and all). Your piles are completely up to you however!
- Put away/fold the definitely keeping clothing.
- Try on the not sure pile. Decide whether or not to keep it. It helps to get a second opinion as well! Put away those clothes you want to keep.
- Donate/toss/alter those clothes which haven’t made it into the wardrobe.